Need help on Scientific Info for Microsorum thailandicum

Discussion in 'Plants: Nomenclature and Taxonomy' started by photopro, Dec 13, 2006.

1. photopro

photopro Well-Known Member

One of the most unusual ferns in existence is the cobalt blue Microsorum thailandicum from Thailand, Cambodia and other neighboring countries. This interesting fern grows in very dim light and can be found as an epiphyte growing on trees or a lithophyte growing on limestone. Dr. Thaweesakdi Boonkerd, one of the botanists who described the species, is associated with the Plants of Thailand Research Unit. I am seeking a copy of the scientific description of this unusual blue fern, however all attempts to send email to the Plants of Thailand Research Unit as well as Dr. Boonkerd have failed. The description is apparently only available in Thai. If anyone who subscribes to this site is in contact with Dr. Boonkerd or the Plants of Thailand Research Unit I would appreciate any assistance possible in finding a copy of the scientific description of the plant in English. My current research on the unusual fern is posted on my website, The Exotic Rainforest, but I am attempting to locate more detailed information. Thanks! Steve Lucas

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  2. Michael F

Michael F Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator 10 Years

3. photopro

photopro Well-Known Member

Thanks for the assist!

Steve Lucas