Small holes in the leaves on my rasberry plant leaves.

Discussion in 'Fruit and Vegetable Gardening' started by rrgibson, Aug 24, 2004.

1. rrgibson

rrgibson Member

I'm finding small holes in the leaves on the rasberry bushes. I can't find any insects on any of the leaves. The berries are starting to ripen and I'm not sure what effect this problem will have on the harvest. If there is an insecticide to handle the problem, what effect will it have on the harvest?

rrgibson@adelphia.net

2. douglas

douglas Active Member 10 Years

Hi a pic would be good . There are several things that could be causeing the holes in the leafs, Yet the fruit may not be affected.

more info please?
    Regards Doug

3. rrgibson

rrgibson Member

Holes in rasberry lleaves

The holes appear to be being eaten by some sort of bug but I can't find any of the bugs. Tte fruit isn't being effected and I'd like to stop this damage but I don't know what type of insectiside to use. I don't want make the fruit uneatable.

4. rrgibson

rrgibson Member

Holes in rasberry leaves

I have digital pictures. How can I send them to you?

5. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

You can post your photos on this thread. Just click Reply to Thread then scroll down to Additional Options, click Manage Attachments, then Browse to find the images you want from your computer, and click Upload. The images will appear in your post.

(You can upload any of the file types listed in the Manage Attachments box. If your image files are very large you may have to downsize them first.)

6. rrgibson

rrgibson Member

Here's the pictiue of the rasberry leaves