Too many apples!!

Discussion in 'Fruit and Nut Trees' started by Unregistered, Aug 6, 2004.

1. How can I prevent my apple from producing fruit? is there a product available in Canada that will regulate/halt/eliminate my apple crop?

thanks

2. Applenut

Applenut Active Member

Yes, it's made by Husqvarna, and its called a chainsaw.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Yes, there is such a thing, as we use it here to spray mulberry trees to keep from fruiting. However, what's the use of having an apple tree if you don't want apples? There are many shade trees that are more suitable...

3. Michael F

Michael F Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator 10 Years

There's a product known as 'kids' that might be able to remove the crop at maturity for you.

4. Margaret

Margaret Active Member 10 Years

Seem to remember a similiar question last year being asked by someone involved with the BC Bear Aware Programme, the goal of which is to discourage bears. Would be interested in any fresh info. That is, of course, if any fruit trees remain after the high winds we have been experiencing!
    Margaret

5. Newt

Newt Well-Known Member 10 Years

6. jimmyq

jimmyq Well-Known Member 10 Years

it isnt.
    so far as any checking I have done.
    It looks to be a very strong (4%) IBA product, the same thing we apply to try to induce rooting, at .1, .4 , and .8 % strengths in rooting powders.

So far as I can tell, there are no plant growth regulators registered for retail sale in Canada.

Commercially there is a few I think, B9 and I think kenoprene and methoprene, but its been a while since I checked on them so I could be out of date with my info.