Lime Tree Yellow Leaves

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by ajhender, Jul 1, 2009.

1. ajhender

ajhender Member

I have a lime tree (dwarf) that previously had a bug problem (see thread "white bugs on my lime tree"). It recovered from this very well, but now that my tree is back outside (Ohio) the leaves have turned from a healthy green to a sickly looking yellow color.

Any suggestions on why this is occuring or how to fix it? Limes are still growing, etc. Is it a lack of acidity in the soil (it's in a pot)? If so how do I go about fixing this?

Thank you for your help,

Andy

2. Millet

Millet Well-Known Member 10 Years

Two things: 1). Did you adjust your tree to the direct sunlight, after the tree was setting in the house all winter. 2). Now that it is outside in the sun, what is the temperature of the tree's root zone on the side of the container facing the sun's rays? A darker colored container can easily reach 125+ in the root zone in less than an hour when setting in the sun. To avoid this, wrap the container in tin foil, or paint the container white to reflect the sun's rays. You can also place the container in a larger container to block the sun. -

Millet (1,289-) Susan B Anthony List - Washington DC

3. ajhender

ajhender Member

Millet-

Thank you for your suggestions. I did gradually adjust the tree to the direct light. I'll have to look into the pot temperature. It is in a brown container. It has been in this pot before, however, without this problem. I'll get the thermometer out and check the next sunny day.