help!!!!!!pls !!!!what is this pear disease???

Discussion in 'Fruit and Vegetable Gardening' started by aiweiilim, Nov 17, 2006.

1. aiweiilim

aiweiilim Member

i have isolated pathogen from the rotten pear(showed in the image), i am still doing subculturing and preservation of the pathogen that i have isolated, i plan to do pathogenicity test later on, but i cant find any info about what is this disease call as, can anyone help me?pls....

i need to figure out what is this disease, so that i can have an idea about what is the possible pathogen that caused this disease....pls!!!!

Attached Files:

2. kome

kome Active Member

it's maybe caused by fungus and called 'pear mold'.
    Usually, it'll appeared durning the harvest.

3. Michael F

Michael F Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator 10 Years

Check out Monilinia.

4. aiweiilim

aiweiilim Member

Re:

thank you...
    nice to meet u all...n happy that you all willing to spent some time to reply me...that's good!!thank you..

i am going to look for further info based on what you all have told me!!thx..
    you all experienced or saw this disease before?erm..o my research skill is poor..coz i search for the info for so long time but i cant exactly figure out what is the potential pathgen...
    you all are bio student also.?
    thank you!!!

5. aiweiilim

aiweiilim Member

erm...i check out for the in vitro morphology of the fungus culture that i found online...they are not much similar with those 14 fungus culture that i isolated from my rotten pear...how come ya?