Identification: Hello, and anyone know what kind of plant this is?

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Katie Teed, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Katie Teed

Katie Teed Member

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums, and also new to working at the UBC Botanical Garden. I've joined the team as the Marketing and Events Manager to support all of the ongoing hard work of the team at the Garden. I am lucky that I get to work with such a great bunch of people, in such a wonderful place. I am learning so much everyday about plants its amazing.

I wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone on the forums. So, hello!

With my introduction, I also have a question to ask. I have this plant at my house that we love. The tag that came with it, identifying it, was lost several years ago before I acquired it and I'm not sure what it is called. I'm sure some of you knowledgeable gardeners, botanists, and horticulturist will probably know what this is right away. Any help in identifying it would be great. And if you have any helpful tips on care that would be wonderful too. It's in pretty good shape and seems overall happy, but it does drop a few of its leaves now and then.

Thank you everyone, and nice to "e-meet" you,
    Katie

--
    Katie Teed
    Marketing and Events Manager
    UBC Botanical Garden & Centre for Plant Research
    katie.teed (at) ubc.ca

Attached Files:

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

I think it's liable to be a Ming aralia.

3. Katie Teed

Katie Teed Member

Great. Thank you Ron B.

4. namawa

namawa Active Member

Specifically....Polyscias fruticosa, (IMHO) and a very nice, healthy one, at that!