How do I Identify my grape vines

Discussion in 'Grapes and Grape Vines' started by Brian Liznick, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Brian Liznick

Brian Liznick New Member

I have three old grape vines in my front yard incampbell River BC. One is produces a red grape (Seeds) one produces A Green (tiny and round) sweet seeded grape that is rippening now (september). The thrid has not produced anything in years but grows new vines every year. I used to have there names but have miss placed them. I would like to know what species they are and if the no producer is wirth keeping.

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Fruit enthusiasts have shows at this time of the year, the one down here has had an identification table set up in the past. Maybe there will be a similar activity up there as well, if not then you might have a nursery up there with somebody on staff who can give you some ideas, especially if those you have are commonly sold, familiar cultivars. Take both fruit samples and leaves of each.

3. jokenmar

jokenmar Member

You can also contact the Department of Agriculture, who would be glad to help you identify your vines. And, check the local library for books with pictures, which would help you identify the leaves and fruit.

4. Millet

Millet Well-Known Member 10 Years