what kind of apple tree is this?

Discussion in 'Fruit and Nut Trees' started by bonicgirl, Apr 17, 2009.

1. bonicgirl

bonicgirl Active Member

need to find out what kind of apple tree this might bee.The tree has white flowers on and some thing looks like pinks buds.Here is some pics can get more if needed.I was told that they wre apple tree;need to need so i can take care of them;They are on they land that i just bought.And help will be help full.

Attached Files:

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Many different kinds. Identified using several samples of the fruits.

3. bonicgirl

bonicgirl Active Member

The apple trees has never produce any apples yet;that i know of.So don't know what kind of apple it will make.I know there are alot of different kind of apples tree.but which one is this one.I get a get a closer pic of apple tree if needed.Just want to try to save them.They are about 15 yrs old.

4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

(moved from indoor and greenhouse plants to fruit trees)

As Ron noted, cultivated apple trees are identified by (and only identified by) the fruits they produce. If it hasn't produced any yet, you'll have to wait until it does so.

5. bonicgirl

bonicgirl Active Member

I have find out that it has produce little green apples on it in the pass,but not any on it at this time.The apple tree also has flowers on it that start out pink but turn white;and the flowers has a very good smell to them.see pic of flowers.Pic 2 shows what they llok like before they finish blooming.Will get a pic of apples when it produces this summer.Just want to kind it is so i can prune it and take care of them.

Attached Files:

6. bonicgirl

bonicgirl Active Member

Update on apple trees.Below is a pic of the apple starting to grow on the trees.Can anyone tell what kind of apple tree this might be now.I have 3 tree like this.Need to find what king they are.Cause one of the tree was pulled out of the ground by a bad storm;the tree is still alive for now but does not have apples on it on like the other 2 do.I replanted the tree and hope it will make it.Not sure what else i can do for that one tree.I think these apple trees might be dwarft apple tree but not sure.

Attached Files:

7. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Several examples of mature fruits are used to identify apple cultivars.

8. bonicgirl

bonicgirl Active Member

i think i know what kind of apple trees they are. i beleive they are the granny apples trees.But my question today;one of the three trees and been pull up out of the ground twice by storms;replanted both times;now the leaves are dieing;what is the chance that the tree will live.