grapefruit tree

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by edward, Feb 8, 2010.

1. edward

edward Member

i have indoor grapfruit tree, i have new starts, but seems like all the branches are look like they are dieing, and the leaves are curling up, any ideas?

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Too cold, too wet or too dry.

Or a severe mite infestation.

3. edward

edward Member

mite infestation, would taht be in the dirt or on the tree, and what do u suggest? thanks for responding.

4. Hartley Botanic

Hartley Botanic Active Member

Hi there,

It sounds likeit could be leaf curl, the Leaf curl fungus survives the winter on the surface of twigs and buds so a single fungicide spray--such as lime sulfur or a copper-based fungicide--thoroughly covering the entire tree, will provide control. If leaf curl does result in significant defoliation in the spring, the fruit on affected trees should be thinned to compensate for the loss of leaves. Over-cropping the tree will weaken it and make it more susceptible to winter injury.
    It is important to treat as leaf curl fungus damages peach trees by causing an early leaf drop. This weakens the trees, making them more susceptible to other diseases and to winter injury. Weakened trees also will produce fewer fruit the following season.

5. edward

edward Member

i have a lemon tree right next to it and its doin great, but will try your suggestion, thanks