Potted Meyer lemon tree help

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by mgamborg, Jun 15, 2010.

1. mgamborg

mgamborg Member

Hello, I'm new here, and after searching, I can't find an answer to my problem.
    I'm in Southern California, and my potted Meyer lemon tree has produced fruit, but now is plagued by a white fungus/mold/?? on the branches. It looks like spun sugar in some spots. I haven't got a clue -- my searches for "white fungus," etc. have turned up results on leaf diseases, but the leaves look okay.

I can post a picture later if this is too vague. Thanks!

2. Fen Sandar

Fen Sandar Active Member

You should treat your plant pot with some powdered cinnamon in case your problem is related to fungus gnats, give your plant a soapy water bath with a washcloth when you water it next, and see what you can find in the way of preventing the problem if it keeps coming back even after washing it off really really well.

I found this product online while searching for natural mold treatment for plants. I think it's a bit pricey, so you may want to shop around. But do NOT use anything you don't want to eat on your plants if you can help it. Washing off your fruit really doesn't work well on some of the fungicides/pesticides that get sprayed on to plants. You may want to remove or put plastic baggies over the fruit if you do decide to go with a spray product.

Also I don't know if neem oil will work for this issue. Does anyone know and mind sharing?

Post the picture please because it may not even be a mold. Saltcedar, Lorax, or some of the other much more experienced members could probably be more helpful, but the picture is worth a thousand words describing it.