Grapefruit Help

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by Greenmnm, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Greenmnm

Greenmnm Member

Hello All,
    I have a grapefruit tree I started from a seed 10 yrs ago...It has done fairly well...It stays indoors in the winter months and goes out in the summer...As of right now it is just going out during the day and back in at night..Recently it's leaves started yellowing, becoming brittle on the ends and edges and falling off...I have had problems in the past with scale but nothing that couldn't be fixed...Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. oscar

oscar Active Member

I'm thinking its maybe got a bit chilly outside (windburn on the leaves) There also looks like a sticky residue on some of the leaves, so i think you should have a close look at it to see if you can spot any pests on it.

3. Greenmnm

Greenmnm Member

The tree does have scale...I am treating it for that...I have to say I never thought of windburn...Thanks
    Rob

4. Millet

Millet Well-Known Member 10 Years

I think some of the problem could by from the weather being to cool. Grapefruit like it HOT and HUMID. However, your grapefruit tree has a LOT OF SCALE. Hose it down with a forceful water spray using an adjustable brass hose nozzel, or use a brush by hand, or spray in the morning or evening with Ultrafine Horticulture Oil. - Millet