My Grapefruit tree needs help

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by udelllarsen, Dec 28, 2005.

1. udelllarsen

udelllarsen Member

I have a grapefruit tree that I bought ~6 months ago. I keep it in a south facing solarium where it has been thrieving. It continues to flower and produce a few grapefruits, but lately it has started to lose a worrisome amount of leaves. The leaves do not change color, they just fall off. Initially, I thought it maybe due to a closely postioned space heater, but it continues to happen eventhough I removed the heater. Any thoughts?

2. hymie

hymie Member

Hello, I was just lookin through articles , I am new to site , and i also have same problems with my tree, Was wondering if you found any resolve in your question!, or what happend? Sincerily ,Hymie...

3. skeeterbug

skeeterbug Active Member

I just read the other post by Hymie and it has been answered with link to a good discussion on leaf drop.

You can use the search function to help find specific information on the forum--such as "overwatering" or "potting soil".

Good luck with your plants.

-- Skeet

Last edited: Oct 11, 2006
  4. Millet

Millet Well-Known Member 10 Years

Check the temperature of the container's soil. Be SURE to keep the soil between 64F (18C) and 70F (21C). Or reduce the direct sun's ray on the tree. Just because your room is at or above 64F does not mean the tree's soil is because of evaporation. Here is a good link that explains . http://mitglied.lycos.de/Reichel/Citrus/WLD.html

Millet