help! i don't know what my plant is and it's dying

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by alisonk, Feb 8, 2011.

1. alisonk

alisonk Member

I have a plant which I haven't been able to identify and I wonder if anyone can help? I've posted images of it below.

I have had it for about a year and a half and until about three months ago it was healthy and growing quite rapidly. Recently the leaves started becoming discoloured and dropping off and the tops of the larger stems are now almost completely bare. I have recently given the plant a larger pot with new compost, in case that was the problem, but the leaves are still falling off and it is starting to get worse. I haven't changed the way that I have been looking after it, it is in the same place in my apartment, I'm giving it the same amount of water and I can't work out what has gone wrong.

And I don't know what it is, which makes it more difficult to find out what to do. If anyone can help me identify it and has any advice on how I might make it better I would be very grateful.

Attached Files:

2. saltcedar

saltcedar Rising Contributor 10 Years

3. alisonk

alisonk Member

thanks, that's brilliant - and some good tips in the link you added too. i'll give it a go. alison