finding Kaffir lime tree seeds

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by shinsen, Feb 5, 2010.

1. shinsen

shinsen Member

Hi u guys

I was hopping you could advice me to see where can I find Kaffir Lime tree seeds, any site that actually sells seeds, and even better it ships outside the US. Im in Costa Rica, Central America.

Any help will be greatly apreciated. thanx

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

Re: Growing kaffir lime (Citrus hystrix) from seed?

Since citrus seed loses viability rather quickly it would be better to get seed from fruit sourced locally if possible. Otherwise you might try Trade Winds Fruit.

3. shinsen

shinsen Member

Thank u very much, I was Wondering if u happen to know if in that site u posted one can find Curry tree ?? or bush ? well it looks more of a tree to me.

4. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

They do not appear to offer Murraya koenigii. I believe fresh seed is required for that as well.

5. oberfeldwebel

oberfeldwebel Active Member

I wasn't able to find Kaffir limes at Trade Winds, though it is a lovely site and has a lot of interesting plants. I must agree that growing citrus from seed is very difficult unless you're planting seed that's removed from the ripe fruit str8 away. I'm having a rough time starting Ponciris trifoliata 'flying dragon' (even employing a gibberellic acid soak prior to sowing). http://www.logees.com/prodinfo.asp?number=C2016-2 Preceding is a link for a Kaffir lime 'sapling' at a US site that ships internationally. I think there are also other options as well when one keywords 'Kaffir lime' on google.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2010