Identification: Edidible Coral Mushrooms and another Boletus?

Discussion in 'Fungi, Lichens and Slime Molds' started by Salt Chuck, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Salt Chuck

Salt Chuck Member

Yet again in the same forest I found two varieties of coral mushroom - one orange coloured and one white as well as another of the mushrooms from my original post in it's natural habitat. A boletus?

Thanks again!

Attached Files:

2. MycoRob

MycoRob Active Member

I never eat any coral mushrooms - too many and they are hard to tell apart, and i don't eat anything i can't identify to species. Yes, that is something in the Boletus genus. As for species - I can't tell exactly. does it have white reticulations at the apex of the stalk?

3. Salt Chuck

Salt Chuck Member

Thanks for taking a look for me. I've cropped the photos to zoom in a little better. I can't tell from this photo but there are what appear to be faint reticulations near the apex in a small band area in another mushroom that was beside it. It does look like a network of veins. The first photo is the mushroom and the next two are from one I picked next to it which appeared identical and which I took home to photograph and try to identify.

Thanks again!

Fenton

Attached Files: