Where to buy Oroblanco tree?

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by MattB000, Aug 25, 2008.

1. MattB000

MattB000 Member

I'm looking for a 4ft+ tree. Any recommendations on where I can order one?

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

3. Millet

Millet Well-Known Member 10 Years

The best source for 5-gallon citrus trees in the Denver metropolitan area is Paulino Garden Center on about 60th +- North Broadway. The citrus trees are in the center back of the greenhouse. Paulino Gardens normally have 20-25 citrus trees of various types in stock at all times. Whether they currently have an Oroblanco or not I cannot say. You might call them and ask. For out of state purchases, I agree with Junglekeeper. Four Winds Growers is a good company with good trees. All of Four Winds trees are shipped bare root. - Millet

Plow - Plant - Fertilize - Harvest - Repeat

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  4. MattB000

MattB000 Member

Thanks guys for the suggestions. Paulino is where I've bought nearly all my previous trees, but as of lately they don't seem to have much. Hopefully they'll get some more, I'm in no hurry. I've ordered two trees from Four Winds and they are great, healthy trees that have had no problems so far. They are a little short from what I'm looking for though. When I received them before, my wife made fun of me, lol.

P.S. Millet, have you checked out Tagawa garden center in Parker? They usually have quite a few citrus to choose from. Although, as of the last month or so they have cleared away about half of them. Not sure if it's a seasonal thing for them or not.

5. drichard12

drichard12 Active Member 10 Years

Holy Cow Millet? You mean to say you can buy citrus within the Denver metropolitan area? Best of luck. Dale

6. Millet

Matt, no I have not visited Tagawa greenhouse in some time. I was unaware that Jim carried citrus. I've personally known the Tagawa family for over 20 years. Their Parker greenhouse is a large operation, but their main greenhouse operation is NE of Brighton. If you ever get out Bennett, CO way stop in. I am currently growing close to 100 different varieties of citrus. 5 trees growing in the ground and the rest in root-maker containers. Nice to have another Coloradoan interested in citrus. - Millet

7. drichard12

drichard12 Active Member 10 Years

I never knew this. Thanks for the follow up. Dale

8. MattB000

MattB000 Member

Thank you very much for the generous offer. I will definetly need to stop in at some point.

You mentioned you have 4 trees growing in ground, I presume that is in a greenhouse? I couldn't imagine they are able to "tough it out" during Colorado winters.

9. Millet

Matt the inground trees are all planted inside a large greenhouse. - Millet

10. ethanmckee

ethanmckee Member

I am another Coloradan interested in citrus. I have a grafted meyer lemon and a lemon from a seed that I was thinking of using as rootstock for a cocktail tree or something fun. Both trees are hanging in there, but are not really thriving. I've been learning about caring for them on this forum. I need to repot them using the citrus mix you are suggesting, Millet.

How could I go about getting cuttings to try grafting limes, oranges, etc on my rootstock?