Yellowing droopy leaves in Calla Lily plants

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by jweissberg, Mar 2, 2005.

1. jweissberg

jweissberg Member

These plants are in my garden, in a flower bed. They are Calla Lillies, white flowers with yellow furry things in the middle - I'm betting they have a more scientific name than "furry things" - were planted from 5 gallon pots about 1 month ago, and were thriving and blooming well for a few weeks.

Recently (last few days) several plants have shown yellow stalks and leaves, very droopy, around the "outside" portion of the plant (the inner leaves still appear OK).

I am in Southern California and we have had a TON of rain which flooded the bed a few times, but that ended about a week or so ago. I cut back on the amount of water they are getting a few days ago, as I was concerned about the flooding in the beds.

Any thoughts as to what is causing this - are these plants waterlogged, or lacking some from of nutrient, or ?? The soil they are in does not seem dry - and the Petunias that are planted around it are doing just fine.

Thanks in advance!
    Jack

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Check soil moisture in potting medium right around crowns.

3. jweissberg

jweissberg Member

In that it is too moist, or not moist enough? Can soil around crowns even BE too moist?