calamondin loosing leaves

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by aaswales, Apr 12, 2008.

1. aaswales

aaswales Member

hi i have had this tree about a month it has loads of fruit and looked health when i got it , it was ok for a couple of weeks and then green leaves started falling off about 3 a day it is in a south facing window and gets plenty of sun.. i repoted last week all roots looked healthy but still leaves falling off i also cut off all fruit i thought it would drain less energy to fruit and more to the plant... all stems are green and healthy i cant see any new leaves growing .. any ideas i have allways wanted a cala then when i finally get 1 it starts to dye help please alan the tree has not had time to dry out the first couple of inches i only read a couple of weeks ago to let it dry so the soil is moist...

2. skeeterbug

skeeterbug Active Member

We need to know more before we can identify a problem. What kind of media is it planted in? What is the temperature of the soil--is it going below 60F? Before you quit watering it, did you have the pot in a saucer?

3. Millet

Millet Well-Known Member 10 Years

No problem is written about on this forum more than the problem of a citrus tree dropping its leaves. Luckily, there are 100's of threads answering this subject, concerning what can be done about it. If you use the search function and read the many posts, you will receive volumes of information on what steps you can take. Take care, and the very best of luck to your tree. Knowledge is strength. - Millet