How long before growth appears?

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by aesir22, Dec 17, 2008.

1. aesir22

aesir22 Active Member

Hi all,

My citrus collection (2 calamondin, 3 lemon, two lime and a bunch of seedlings) seem to be faring ok so far indoors! A couple of them are actively growing despite the shorter days, and the others must be doing something in the root zone as they need watering as often as they always have!

The only one that concerns me is one of my meyer lemons. I bought it in August. Repotted it out of the appalling mix it was in, it dropped half its leaves as meyers do. But I haven't seen it do anything since. No growth at all, though I usually need to water it a few more times per month than my other citrus. How long should I be waiting for it to do something? It looks perfectly healthy, besides being a little bald lol. Is spring going to motivate it into action?

Thank you :)

Dan

2. StarLoc

StarLoc Active Member

On a grapefruit i have it nearly died at the end of may, when it was delivered it was full of greenfly and the pot was dripping wet, i repotted, it looked very ill till about the end of july and then it just looked like it was improving ,no more leaves fell off (not dieing so much ...) it stayed identical untill novermber,, it sudenly grew some shoots and now is somewhat smaller but growing fine, its roots have been growing since then quicker now it has some new leaves,
    it took 6-7 months to look like a (much smaller) tree again, i would think it depends how bad the roots were, mine were very bad

3. aesir22

aesir22 Active Member

The condition of the roots were fine. Didn't have any root damage at all. I don't know if its just lazy or waiting for spring lol either way I wish it would do something! Guess it will know when its ready and start then!