Lemon tree troubles

Discussion in 'Plant Propagation' started by connor, May 29, 2009.

1. connor

connor Member

Hello, I have a meyer lemon tree at my home, i live in New England, and throughout the winter it was placed next to a window and produced lemons. Close to the end of the winter there were only a few undergrown lemons still on the branches that died before they reached full size and they fell off. Soon after all of the lemons had fallen off, the leaves on one branch turned yellow on one branch, then later the leaves on another branch fell off but didnt turn yellow, they just turned dry and crunchy and fell off. I remember that I kept it watered, but I recently noticed that there are wood lice in the pot. I am wondering if they are the cause of this. Now all of the branches except one have no leaves on them and have no signs that show the return of leaves. Somebody please help me, I dont want it to die.

2. najo48

najo48 Member

i'm not an expert but i know that citrus trees need to be watered and then to have their roots dry out, otherwise they get root rot and can die. if you think you never let it dry out you may want to consider not watering it for a couple days. If it comes back the way to water it would be to put fill it up as much as you can, and then leave it till it completely dries out, so maybe a couple days depending on your pot size, then to water it again and let it dry out.