HELP? Whats wrong with my tree? It is dying

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by samueltzx, Apr 27, 2015.

1. samueltzx

samueltzx New Member

I dont know what happened to it? Do I need to heavywater or fertilize it to save it? Anyone can help me with that? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Georgia Strait

Georgia Strait Generous Contributor

South Okanagan & Greater Vancouver, BC Canada
    you've got a rhododendron there - so look up some of the other threads here - there is one a few days ago on this board, for example.

1. how long has it looked this way - or is it sudden?
    2. have you disturbed the soil around this shrub recently? (In the past year) - built a new patio nearby, for example?
    3. did you remove any larger shrubs/trees from around this plant recently?
    4. too much mulch around the base of the stem?
    5. too much fertilizer?

I have several rhodo's die in the past few years - I bought them at a nursery that was finally closed for a good long year at least by Ag Canada because it apparently had some disease in its inventory - I think the disease had come from a supplier - so it spread to many nurseries. Anyway - my rhodos drooped their leaves like yours, died. However, this does not mean you have the same disease. Maybe someone else can help once you provide more info.

meanwhile, here is a good article about rhodo death causes - http://www.rhododendron.org/v48n2p85.htm

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015