I have some GEUM waterplant

Discussion in 'Annuals, Biennials, Perennials, Ferns and Bulbs' started by vicarious1, Apr 25, 2009.

1. vicarious1

vicarious1 Active Member 10 Years

Burnaby North on a slope facing south & a view :-)
    Hello I have some GEUM ( lucky this one I found the name tag) and it is growing again....Must I remove all the old leaves or simply let them rot away ?
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Nobody cuts off dead stuff in nature. In gardens it is done to make the plant or planting look better to the gardener, or to remove cover for slugs or source of re-infection where a plant is susceptible to certain diseases that over-winter on dead material.

If this plant is in a container the comparatively weak-looking re-growth could indicate a need for repotting and/or division.

Or it is one of those kinds of plants that looks feeble when first starting but soon comes on strong, to form a full head.

3. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

(moved to a relevant forum)

4. vicarious1

vicarious1 Active Member 10 Years

Burnaby North on a slope facing south & a view :-)
    Thank you I could not find a WATER PLANT area to put my post is there one?

5. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

When in doubt, use the Hortboard (no, there isn't a forum specifically for aquatics).