For Maple Society Members

Discussion in 'Maples' started by Daniel Mosquin, Jun 10, 2004.

1. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

Maybe I was being too rigid, assuming that the field for name had to be exactly name and nothing else. I suppose people might have added the code word after their name.
    I can't test this any more - it just sends the form now without asking my name.
    +*+
    Wendy

2. Soumil Yarlagadda

Soumil Yarlagadda Well-Known Member Maple Society

i cant find an area to join

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  3. Soumil Yarlagadda

i just joined the international branch, but the site keeps saying my account is inactive

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/sites/m/maplesociety.org/public_html/wp-content/themes/infinite/page.php on line 16
    i bought the membership as a guest, i could not log in even when i registered because the site says account is inactive

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  4. Soumil Yarlagadda

how do i even sign up?

5. Soumil Yarlagadda

i cant log in

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  6. emery

emery Renowned Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

@Soumil Yarlagadda I'll send you a PM later, no time until tonight. The MS website is only partially functional right now. I don't know anything about the NAB site or process.

Soumil Yarlagadda likes this.
  7. wcutler

@Soumil Yarlagadda, the request came through perfectly, and I see you had a place to enter the code and your email address, so everything seems to be working. I have approved the request.
    I don't know whether you get a confirmation, but I see that you now have the Maple Society banner under your avatar and name.

8. Soumil Yarlagadda

9. wilsonii

wilsonii New Member Maple Society

I am having a problem similar to the one mentioned above. I joined the international branch, paid via paypal and cannot figure anything out past that.
    No conformation email from MS, no temporary login, nada. I did email thru help/contact us on MS website yesterday. Is it just a matter of patience?
    I also joined and paid for the "seed exchange scheme". I do have a nice collection of seed but it specificly states no donations from US.

10. LoverOfMaples

LoverOfMaples Generous Contributor Maple Society

Once you pay for the seed exchange its all patience. Last year they came in Jan.

11. wcutler

I tried testing the request form vis Join User Groups, as explained on the previous page of this thread, in the first posting. I did not get a place to enter anything at all, not in a field requesting the code word, or in any other field. But as
    @Daniel Mosquin noted previously, maybe moderators don't get the code word part of the dialog.
    @wilsonii, did you follow the instructions in the first posting in this thread (you need to look at the previous page)? Was there a place to enter the code word from the magazine?
    Or are you saying that you have joined but have not received anything from the society, so do not have the magazine? When did you do that? @emery, who receives the society subscriptions, who would know that wilsonii form Michigan has paid for a membership?

12. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

I think there is some confusion about logging in to the Maple Society web site vs logging in to the forums for access to the Maple Society only discussion areas.

13. wilsonii

wilsonii New Member Maple Society

So there isn't a login per se to the MS website? It seemed as if most information on the MS site was just located in the navigation bar.
    I did not try that @wcutler I will attempt it later this evening as I am busy this afternoon. I just joined, so no, I have not recieved anything from them(MS). Thank you for the information.
    @LoverOfMaples Thank you, I assumed as much. I've been on seed exchange lists before. This one just seems to operate a little different.

14. emery

I'm no longer involved with the MS except as a member, so I can't answer the question, beyond saying that North American membership and International membership are handled by separate organizations. As far as I know there is no way to get the password without having first received a newsletter, which may of course take some time.

WRT the web site, I believe the member area is completely non-functional. Sorry I can't be of more help.

LoverOfMaples likes this.
  15. wcutler

@wilsonii, your request to join the forums Maple Society members area has arrived.
    Now what am I supposed to do?
    Maybe if you want to send me a private message (Start a conversation by clicking my avatar - Start a conversation is there as an option) and attach a copy of your receipt, I could approve your access to the forums members area. Please click the box that allows participants to invite other participants to the conversation. I don't know if the seed exchange conversations happen there, as I'm not a member.

As Daniel Mosquin has replied, we are not involved in the workings of the Maple Society itself or its website (emery says separate organizations, so are are there separate websites?? I have not looked this up).

16. wcutler

Last edited: Jan 14, 2024
  17. emery

Hi Wendy, the link for The Maple Society of Britain and Ireland, https://tmsbi.org is a permanent link. From there you will always be able to sign up, etc. It is direct links to any sub-pages that would be temporary.

18. wcutler

@emery, thank you for clarifying that. You could edit the wording in your notice to have it say something like "We have put up a basic web site: https://tmsbi.org, which we will be further developing".

19. Backcountry Dan

Backcountry Dan Member Maple Society

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread for questions like this. But, I've asked via email, messaging here, and the Society Facebook page without any response. One of the reasons I was excited to join was access to the "unmatched Cultivar Database" and I haven't had any luck finding this database. Could someone please direct me to the right place?

20. emery

Hi Dan,

It's not really the right place, but I'll send you a DM. -E

Backcountry Dan likes this.