Acer palmatum 'Okukuji Nishiki'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by Blinky1, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Blinky1

Blinky1 New Member

I just added this cultivars to my collection. Since no thread has been created it, I would like to start one and invite people to share their experience, knowledge and photos of this cultivar. I cannot find much information on Okukuiji Nishiki, except that it has an upright growth habit and is similar to Butterfly. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Jaybee63

Jaybee63 Rising Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

Re: Acer Palmatum 'Okukuiji Nishiki'

It's a new one to me.
    Any more picture?

3. maplesandpaws

maplesandpaws Active Member

Re: Acer Palmatum 'Okukuiji Nishiki'

Same here... I like the serration on the leaves, and the pink edging. I'm assuming this is on new growth? What do the mature leaves look like?

4. maf

maf Generous Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

Very nice new leaves in the picture.

I think the spelling should be 'Okukuji nishiki', according to the literature. Thread title changed.

5. Blinky1

Blinky1 New Member

Yes, the correct spelling should be 'Okukuji nishiki'. Thanks for pointing that out, maf.

Here are couple more photos of my Okukuji nishik. As you can see, only the new and young leaves have the pink edges. The mature leaves are similar to those of Butterfly.

Sorry, I am still having trouble uploading multiple images in the same post. If I select multiple images, only one would be attached. And if I attach one after another, the second image would supersede the first. Either way, I can only attach one photo per post.

Attached Files:

6. Blinky1

Blinky1 New Member

Here's a full height view. Sorry the quality of the photos are not very good as they are taken with my phone. I will post some more later.

Attached Files:

7. Jaybee63

Jaybee63 Rising Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

Thanks for posting. I see the variety is available in the UK. The new foliage is particularly eye catching.