Where do I buy a Meyer lemon tree in Victoria, BC area?

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by Lolo1, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Lolo1

Lolo1 Member

Does anyone have an idea where I can buy a Meyer lemon tree in the Victoria, BC area?

2. islandweaver

islandweaver Active Member

Lolo1, have you tried Bob Duncan at Fruittreesandmore.com out of Sydney? I visited his orchard last week and was bowled over by not only his quantity and variety of fruit trees, but by his incredible knowledge. I'm still riding on the high from my visit. There is so much I need to mull over from what he told me and from seeing how he goes about growing. Good luck. Diane

3. Gregn

Gregn Active Member 10 Years

If you go to http://www.monrovia.com/learn/plant_catalog/detail.php?item_number=2600
    and enter your postal code and see if any garden centres in your area have ordered any recently. Depending on your budget, I would suggest a patio tree -3.6-gallon and about 4' tall (they go for about $100 here on the mainland) otherwise 1 gallon size go for $20 to $23...
    Mr Duncan's place is unbelievable well worth the visit...

Greg

4. Millet

Millet Well-Known Member 10 Years

Hi Greg, I am stunned by the pricing of a 3.5 gallon citrus tree in Canada. I am not up to date of the value of the Canadian dollar as compared to the U.S. dollar, but a 5 gallon citrus tree here in Colorado is $40.00, and I believe in California and Florida a 5 gallon citrus tree is around $20.00. Take care - Millet (1,236-)

5. Gregn

Gregn Active Member 10 Years

Millet, though this is a bit off topic, most things are cheaper State Side - not just citrus trees. The canadian Dollar has been fluctuating around 9 - 14% less than the Greenback.
    I shop in Bellingham WA on a regular basis. After the exchange, and depending on where you shop, basic commodities are much less south of the border. Gasoline 25c per litre less, milk 1/2 the price, cheese and other dairy up to 75% less, basic bread 1/2 price, Mexican foods (beans, tortillas etc) up to 80% less. Clothing, especially sale prices also much less - to name a few. One must choose off hours to avoid border line ups.

Greg

6. Futura

Futura Member

I've found citrus at the Gardenworks on Blenkinsop and Oak Bay, the Elk Lake Garden Centre and even at random smaller places.

Don't worry about critus being more expensive here in Canada, they have a long way to travel and gas isn't cheap... but our healthcare's free. :)