MOSS Control in Garden along with GRASS

Discussion in 'Garden Pest Management and Identification' started by mamin, May 2, 2006.

1. mamin

mamin Member

I have lots of MOSS in Grass and I want to know what is the cheapest and fastest way to get rid of MOSS from Grass.

I bought LIME Bags but before I apply it I wanted some more ideas from this great forum

I am kind of new to this type of work so please provide me as much information as you can. e.g. what I can apply, HOW, where do I get it. et.c

Thanks in Advance

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Newt has made a comprehensive post about moss control in this thread

Otherwise, a search for [SEARCH]moss lawn[/SEARCH] turns up a number of other discussions.

3. fern2

fern2 Active Member

Personally I MUCH prefer a mossy lawn over a grassy one.
    It's always green. Always lush. Lovely to lie on. Softer for kids to play on. Doesn't require mowing or landscaping. Doesn't need to be watered (=less wasteful, less time!). Plus it's a far more natural environment for all the good insects that your garden requires.

So I strongly encourage you to get rid of the grass instead of trying to kill off the moss.... You'll be happier in the end.