Help with this plant

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by Jamie123, May 25, 2011.

1. Jamie123

Jamie123 Member

I bought some perrenials a couple years ago and one didn't make it, so I'd like to replace it. Problem is, I can't remember the name of it. If someone can give me a hand, I'd really appreciate it.
    All I remember is that I bought 2 different colours, white and blue/purple (Can't recall exactly which colour). Hopefully this helps.

Attached Files:

2. SusanDunlap

SusanDunlap Active Member

Any chance of getting a closer picture? Need more confidence about the leaf shape. And how about some more information about the flower (what is it's basic shape...)?

3. Jamie123

Jamie123 Member

Here's a couple close-ups. As to the flower itself, I'm not quite sure. They haven't bloomed yet and the last time I saw one was last summer. Then, I bought a campanula thinking that the flowers were just like the campanula bellflowers and sure enough the plants are different.

Attached Files:

4. SusanDunlap

SusanDunlap Active Member

Campanula still makes sense - it is a low mounding perennial and the leaves have a long petiole. The leaf margin in particular is distinct between the species. The following species are in cultivation around here (northern CA): carpatica, cochlearifolia, collina, garganica, glomerata, incurva, isophylla, longistyla, medium, portenschlagiana, poscharskyana, primulifolia, punctata, pyramidalis, rapunculoides, rutundifolia, and takesimana. Should be fairly easy to narrow the list - e.g. some on this lis have a round leaf, not an ovate or elliptical one.