Identification: Houseplant Unknown

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by JAMSBURGER, Dec 21, 2007.

1. JAMSBURGER

JAMSBURGER Member

I have been growning a type of IVY FAMILY plant given to me by a good friend who has since passed away. This was at least 10 years ago. She said it was given to her by her grandmother and was very hard to grow. Boy, was she right. She called it a SWISSCHEESE IVY and it doesn`t like direct sunlite or too much moisture. It loves incandesent lights, such as an office setting, but likes to be watered from the bottom of the dish rather than from the top. It`s greatest feature are HOLES in the leaves. I wished to have a picture to post but maybe someone can tell me more about this plant without the pics. I now have about 40 plants at home and have given to friends to keep it going as I cannot seem to find these anywhere and local nurserys. It is easy to reproduce, but does not work in the general way you would put in a glass of water and root, then plant. It works better if it is planted directly into dirt. Hope someone can help. JBB

2. Bluewing

Bluewing Well-Known Member

Possibly a Monstera deliciosa, or, Monstera adansonii.

3. JAMSBURGER

JAMSBURGER Member

Thanks. JBB