Apple and nectarine trees suddenly dying

Discussion in 'Fruit and Nut Trees' started by nader, Jul 9, 2006.

1. nader

nader Member

Re: Apple tree question

Hi .. About the apple tree, I have a similar situation, I live in the Port Coquitlam area, and bought an apple tree from a nearby store, planted it in April 06, and since then it leaf'd well and was doing great until about 3 weeks ago during the heat spell, it started welting, and since then almost 99% of the leaves have dried.
    I have been watering the tree regularly, I noticed the ants that were initially all over the tree are now gone which tells me there is probably no sap left for them to eat. I dug around the tree and added mulch, peat moss, and other nutritious materials including fertilizers and miracle grow, and since then no positive reaction yet.

What can I do to quickly revive the tree, and how can I tell if it is getting any worse?

Note: I have a plum tree bought from the same store, and it is still doing well being on one side of the apple, and on the other side I have a nectrarine tree bought from another store and it is doing nearly the same thing, leaves have dried and are dropping off.

Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks