Identification: large round leaves ... what is this plant/tree/bush?

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by nicholeann, Mar 22, 2006.

1. nicholeann

nicholeann Member

Received this as a gift not so long ago and seems it's already dying on me. Doh!
    Trying to figure out what it is... is it even an indoor plant? Any clues would be greatly appreciated! I've been thru several pages of posts so far and havent seen anything like it yet... still going thru them now though.

Largest leaves are palm sized. They are round and slightly heart shaped.. the edges of the leaves are jagged a little bit... which you cant really see in the pics.

Thanks so much for looking!

Attached Files:

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

Looks like a species of Polyscias, possibly P. scutellaria, Shield Aralia.

3. nicholeann

nicholeann Member

wow, thanks a bunch for the super fast reply! That definitely looks like my plant - now let's hope I don't kill it.

4. Rima

Rima Active Member

These are routinely killed by watering much too often.

5. vandra236

vandra236 Member

Thank you so much for these posts. I have one of these plants and have been trying to ID it for a while now as It has grown big in the pot and I want to put it in the garden. We live in the tropics so it should be fine. I just was a bit worried about how big it would grown. The photos and the response have been very useful. Thanks again.