Care for single pink hibiscus

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by Unregistered, May 9, 2004.

1. I just bought a small pot of single pink hibiscus. What kind of care should be given to this plant other than the fact that it needs full sun? Any instructions or suggestions? I live in Massachusetts so I'm not sure if I could plant this now or if I should wait awhile. I'm also assuming it doesn't like acidic soil, am I right?

2. HortLine

HortLine Active Member 10 Years

Pink Hibiscus

We will need to know what type of hibiscus you are caring for and which USDA zone you live in.

Thank you.

3. I believe I'm in Zone 6 (Southeastern Mass) and the tag that came with the plant just says Single Pink Hibiscus. I have looked online for some care instructions but was wondering if anyone else had some tips, suggestions, etc. I've noticed that quite a few of the leaves keep turning yellow so I'm not sure what's going on there. I give it lots of water and plant food about once a week and it gets full sun. I've just recently transplanted it into about a 12" pot (it's about 6" deep). I didn't want to plant it because I'm fearful it will die in the winter.

4. douglas

douglas Active Member 10 Years

Hi you might want to make sure that the soil is well draining. If you could post a picture of it, it may help to identify it. What type of fertilizer are you using and can you give a better discription of the yellowing leaves (ie. does it start from the outside in or the inside out or the viens first

regards Doug.