Bonsai Trees

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by jstier, Mar 10, 2013.

1. jstier

jstier Member

Hi,

I am looking for a home for my three Bonsai birch trees. I started them from seed in 2001 and trained them as good as possible. You can see the result in the pictures below.

Even though they are currently planted in deep pots I have also trained the roots. Theoretically they could be moved into much shallower pots, but since I kept them outside the entire time they were safer in deeper pots.

We are now leaving town and I am looking for an enthusiast who would like to take them for token amount (including a bonsai pot and soil screens), before I plant them somewhere. I was hoping to find someone experienced with bonsais, so that they get the proper care.

Does anyone know of a different forum in Vancouver where I can reach Bonsai growers? Would the Botanical garden be interested, if I was to donate them?

Attached Files:

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Sorry, I don't think the Garden would be interested. Our emphasis is documented wild collections.