Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by Ralph Walton, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Ralph Walton

Ralph Walton Active Member 10 Years

Can I suggest a readily accessable "New Posts" in the jump to forum box? It seems that one has to go to a forum then go from there to "new posts" which is something I always wish to check.
    Ralph

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Ralph,

Do you mean something in addition to the "New Posts" link on the top green-bar menu?

You might find it handy (if you are now using Mozilla) to use Mozilla's tabbed browsing features. If I want to read a bunch of new posts without navigating through the forums, I click on the New Posts link, and then right-click on the links for the new posts and select "Open Link in New Tab".

(and to make it really easy on yourself, click on Edit -> Preferences -> Navigator -> Tabbed Browsing -> Tab Display -> Select Load Links in the Background; when you then open links in new tabs, your current window remains open, which is a very quick way of opening a set of new links without having to go back and forth)

Daniel

3. Ralph Walton

Ralph Walton Active Member 10 Years

Thanks

Thanks for the advice on Mozilla and New Posts. My actual problem was even easier than that: I had bookmarked a UBCBG page that was to do with registration instead of the main forum page and the green bar on that page did not have a "New Posts" link. That's now changed and life is lookin' up!
    Ralph