Spider Plant Help

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Ronky, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Ronky

Ronky Member

Just repotted my spider plant that wasnt doing well - looks like it had a little root rot. I realized I had it in way too big a pot! The repotting did not go well - so I had to repot it yet again in a much smaller pot. I cut away all the shriveled and dying leaves and am basically left with a root. Does the root look good to you guys? And - is it right to just throw it in a new pot with fresh soil? Thanks for all the help....

Attached Files:

2. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

with what ya got there.. u should get a new start from it .. u have a tuber there and more will grow from that .. spider plants are pretty hardy plants .. i would keep it in a small pot as they like to b pot bound in order to sprout babies .. so once it starts growing dont move it t a bigger pot just leave it in there ..

good luck

Marn

3. Ronky

Ronky Member

Thanks! I did not water the new soil in the new pot... it was already fairly moist. What do you recommend about when I should water it? Thanks again.

Attached Files:

4. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

I would give it a lil water now .... i would just add a lil water around the plant for now and not soak the whole thing .. just keep an eye on it daily .. it should b fine .. good luck ..

Marn