Calamondin Orange

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by Misshepburn, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Misshepburn

Misshepburn Member

I bought a Calamondin Orange tree that is about two feet tall about a month and a half ago, but had to leave it with a friend during a month + of that time. Now that I have it back about half of it isn't looking so good. One half has green branches and great leaves with little white blossoms that are juuuust starting to open. The other half has some brown branches, dead, closed blossoms and dead curled leaves. I read up on here as much as I could and decided to follow some advice and cut off the dead parts. I'm also making sure to water it when the soil is dry about an inch from the top. It's in a West facing window with some added artificial light at night and my apt. stays generally around 60 degrees F. Any further advice or insight? Should it make a comeback, get more leaves, grow fruit, be ok? Is there anything else I can do? Thanks for any advice!

p.s. I am VERY new to taking care of plants, so feel free to explain any terms I may not know. Thanks!

p.p.s I also forgot to mention that some of the good leaves are even started to get just a slight curl at the ends, but some of them aren't. I'm not sure if that's just normal or if they're going the way of the other leaves.