my lemon tree is dieing

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by Mr Penor, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Mr Penor

Mr Penor Member

i have a 2 yr old lemon tree i planted as a seed and now all its leaves have fallen off. for a while people have been sick and keep the blinds closed in the house preventing light. its started lossing leaves and now all of them are gone. i dont know what two do right now it looks like a greenish brown stick in ten pot. it is still rooted and is about 5-6 inchs tall.

2. K Baron

K Baron Well-Known Member

If the stems remain green, there is hope... plant should remain in bright light and warmth 17C or more...22c during daylight hours..... watch for scale and remove asap...

Keep away from forced air ducts. Feed appropriately to stimulate growth/foliage forgone those should reappear in a few months....

3. Morbius

Morbius Member

I'm no expert but this sounds like Winter Leaf Drop. Do a search for WLD in these forums. If the root temperature is too cold, the sunlight will cause the leaves to drop. Better to keep it out of direct sunlight altogether than to lose leaves this way. Also, citrus hate a dry atmosphere and if it's near a radiator, this could be harming it too.