Geranium help!

Discussion in 'Annuals, Biennials, Perennials, Ferns and Bulbs' started by Billy149, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Billy149

Billy149 Member

hey there all. i have bought beautiful a geranium earlier and produces red blooms. the plant is really healthy aside from the fact that after blooming for a while, the petals on the blooms start to get little white dots allover. the white dots are evenly ditributed on the petals and couldn't see any pest problems with the plant, so i'm very worried. i know they like a lot of sun light (not sure if it's direct sun though). i've put it outside where there's direct sun most of the day....it's a little bit drafty outside too. i water when the soil is thoroughly dried out...cos apparently they are draught tolerant...not sure.

i must be doin somthin wrong for the plant to get white dotted petals.....can somebody give me some advice?

winter is coming and it's getting really drafty outside, so i'm thinkin of moving it inside. i also sprayed the plant with pest control, just in case the white dots are caused by pest. really not sure what went wrong.....

2. JanR

JanR Active Member

I wouldn't allow the soil to thoroughly dry out. Just because they can tolerate drought doesn't mean that they prefer it that way. I would allow the soil to get dry on the surface, but I wouldn't let it get dry all the way through before watering.

I'm not sure about the white dots. Maybe if you could post a picture, someone would have an idea.