Data Retention Policy

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by Daniel Mosquin, May 27, 2005.

1. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

For your information:

If you register for the forums and complete email confirmation, but do not post any messages or log in to the forums for one year, all of the information you've supplied during registration will be removed from the forums database during one of the semi-annual cleanings.

If you register for the forums and but do not complete email confirmation and do not post any messages or log in to the forums for six months, all of the information you've supplied during registration will be removed from the forums database during one of the semi-annual cleanings.

If you register for the forums and do post a message, your personal data is kept indefinitely for the time being (this will change if we run out of room in the database!). However, you can request to have your user account removed along with all associated personal information and it will be done promptly.

I'll formalize this note elsewhere when I've a spot of time, but I did want to mention it to those people who are unsure about registering. We're only interested in your personal data inasmuch as it serves the purposes of fostering communication on the forums (e.g., where you live) and allowing us to keep the forums secure and safe for those enjoy them. On occasion, we might send you an email about the garden, but we've yet to do that in the span of three years.