Echeveria ID

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by BikerDoc5968, Sep 18, 2008.

1. BikerDoc5968

BikerDoc5968 Member

I know ID-ing succulents can be a real headache, especially without flowers. However, I'm new to this board, so hello and thank you for having me. If I could get some help with the ID of these Echeveria, it would be great! You should be able to click on the link and see the pix, but if you can't, please let me know so I can change things around....Not sure why they aren't showing up as they do in other boards I've visited.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  2. Cereusly Steve

Cereusly Steve Active Member

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  3. BikerDoc5968

BikerDoc5968 Member

Yes, some do have names but not sure they are correct. I've done a google search and with so many cv's it is difficult. Thanks for your response and the links.

4. Rosemarie

Rosemarie Active Member

In link order -

1. Yes, E. pulidonis
    2. not sure, but E. secunda is a possibility
    3. E. 'Decora'
    4. looks like my E. 'Tippy', but could be E. colorata or other
    5. E. 'Barbillion' looks correct
    6. xGraptoveria 'Amethorum'
    7. How large is this rosette? Interesting, the tiny pups it has put out!
    8. Could be one of the many frilly cultivars, like E. 'Dick's Pink' (watch color changes through the year to help pin down an ID on it)

5. BikerDoc5968

BikerDoc5968 Member

Thanks sooooo much for your reply. I have 2 plants that are the same but for whatever reason...sun exposure, fertilizer or ??? the color is slightly different and the larger measures about 15cm (6") and the other about 10cm (4"). I've never seen this put out pups like this. Typically, these are flower spikes with the usual yellow/orange flower. It is quite prolific....any of the small leaflets that fall, grow new plants...like some kalanchoes

Attached Files:

6. Cereusly Steve

Cereusly Steve Active Member

1. Echeveria pulidonis is correct.

2. Echeveria secunda var. glauca. Sometimes listed as E. glauca but is only a large form of E. secunda. The quilled leafed Echeveria runyonii 'Topsy Turvy' is in the back.

3. E. gibbiflora var. metallica 'Decora' is the full name of this variegated form.

4. Echeveria chihuahuaensis

5. E.'Barbillion' appears correct.

6. X Graptoveria 'Amethorum' (a hybrid between Graptopetalum amethystinum X Echeveria purpusorum)

7. Echeveria difractens. (The same in the pix below) Its a species not a garden cultivar. It propagates prolifically from offsets and detached leaves.

8. E. 'Dick's Pink' is a good match.

7. BikerDoc5968

BikerDoc5968 Member

Steve and Rosemarie, thank you very much for your help with the ID. I know it isn't easy.