Unknown Plant - Help!

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by paynter903, Jun 27, 2004.

1. paynter903

paynter903 Member

I actually found two of these plants that someone discarded. They looked as if they were left in their original pots. I want to plant them, but not knowing what they are, I am not sure where I can plant them.

Can anyone help with their identification?

judithpaynter903@yahoo.com

Attached Files:

2. raichael

raichael Member

A thought...

The leaves in the photo on the left looks like it could be a Rhododendron, but it is a little fuzzy (the picture not the leaves).

3. Douglas Justice

Douglas Justice Well-Known Member UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society 10 Years

The plant on the left looks more like a severly pruned Cotoneaster lacteus (Parney cotoneaster) to me. I wouldn't guess the other one without a better image, I'm afraid; that is, I'm not so familiar with common (or uncommon) ornamental shrubs in your neck of the woods, so it would be a dangerous guess.

4. paynter903

paynter903 Member

I must have been a bit dizzy taking the photos, I will try again and see if I can improve my photography abilities.

5. paynter903

paynter903 Member

Additional photos for identification

They look good in the camera, they look good on my computer, but ya never know for sure how they look when you hit that submit button.

Attached Files: