pulmonaria

Discussion in 'Annuals, Biennials, Perennials, Ferns and Bulbs' started by grdnstff, Mar 5, 2005.

1. grdnstff

grdnstff Active Member 10 Years

hi .. i have a pulmonaria that puts out many flower buds, but doesn't flower .. it is planted with two others that bloom profusely .. this is its third year in the garden .. can anyone tell me what might be happening with this plant, is there something i can give it, or will it simply never flower? .. i have fed it with an organic fertilizer mix, fairly consistently, but to no avail so far .. any ideas welcome .. thanks

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  2. Newt

Newt Well-Known Member 10 Years

You may be overfertilizing. They like rich soil, but if you are using a synthetic fertilizer, that could be the problem. You might find this helpful. Especailly read the last paragraph.

http://www.plantdelights.com/Tony/pulmonaria.html

Newt

3. grdnstff

thanks, newt, i enjoyed the webpage you suggested .. however, the only fertilizing i might have done (i know i've done little for these pulmonarias) has been with a slow release organic .. i'm wondering about moving the little guy to a different spot .. because the other two are doing so well, it's a bit mystifying, but then, sometimes it's hard to know why .. thanks, again ..

4. Newt

Newt Well-Known Member 10 Years

You are very welcome! Sorry that didn't answer your question though. I think with plants it can be like with kids. You give them everything they need to grow strong and healthy and some just blossom more then others!

I'd say moving it is worth a try, but the genetics may be to blame.

Good luck,
    Newt

5. grdnstff

well .. i figure i haven't much to lose by moving the little guy .. whether he does will show itself in time, i suppose .. thanks for thinking about it anyway ..