hydroponics

Discussion in 'Plants: Science and Cultivation' started by jocelyn26, Dec 2, 2004.

1. jocelyn26

jocelyn26 Member

i am a 4th year college student from the philippines and currently doing a feasibility study on the hydroponics of lettuce and tulips here.i was wondering if you can help me as to where can i purchase equipments and the costs, and the seeds of the plants and how to propagate them. i would really appreciate all the help i can get. any information regarding the said topic would be highly appreciated. thank you and hoping for your quick response.

2. Mobini

Mobini Member

I am a researcher in agronomy and my field is produce of seed potato. I am looking for techniques produce mini- tuber and micro-tubers in hydroponics systems and Aeroponic system.
    Please let me know more information about it.

3. To the seed potato person

I have a friend in the East Kootenays interested in the use of seed potatoes. Who is the "go-to" person at UBC in this subject?

4. KENNETH5636

KENNETH5636 Active Member

Take a look on "Youtube", type in hydroponics, you will find video's on lettuce growing via hydroponics.

Regards,

KEN.

5. jimmyq

jimmyq Well-Known Member 10 Years

growing tubers or micro tubers would likely be best discussed with someone familiar with tissue culture. From my experience (discussion based) I believe cleanliness to be one of the most important factors. Other than that; sample viability, strain vigor, temperature, light, water and mineral availability would likely be the other meaningful factors.
    Any large production nurseries (non importing ones) or hydroponic operations in your area? Any large or long standing hydroponic wholesale or retail product suppliers?

6. KENNETH5636

KENNETH5636 Active Member

Hi Jimmyq,

Hydropopnics is relatively new over here, (U.K).

There are now a few suppliers of equipment & nutrients.

Most of the equipment that is advertised is way,way too expensive!

I think they rely on the ignorance of joe public whom do not realise a lot of the equipment can be fabricated verry cheaply, and in some cases of a better quality than obtainable commercially.

PS. I don't rmember asking about "Tubers", but all information is good information.

PPS. Did you get a copy of my "Flood & Drain Timer" Circuit? It's all free!! and it works.
    Can send a photo of the working Timer if I can find a way to send the photo!

Bestest regards,

and a Happy New Year,

Ken.