Identification: upstate ny species names?

Discussion in 'Fungi, Lichens and Slime Molds' started by fungichallenged, Nov 11, 2010.

1. fungichallenged

fungichallenged Member

Hello all,
    My first post - i'm from central ny state and a few weeks ago went out and took quite a few pics and since we had just had some light snow/rain a lot of fungi popped out. I posted some pics on another forum and one of the members who likely is a member here asked me to post them and see if anyone could identify them. The pictures were taken along the old erie canal that goes through upstate ny.

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17937

thanks and welcome,
    charles

ps I don't know the names but there are hardwood trees that have edible mushrooms that I collect and eat, and I've just started to search for and collect/eat morels (mmmmmmm)

2. MycoRob

MycoRob Active Member

I'll ID a couple. Polyporus squamosus is in a couple pics, and so is Flammulina velutipes. I can't begin to describe where the pics are in relation to the rest of the page.

3. MycoRob

MycoRob Active Member

And I think I saw a Phyllotopsis nidulans too.

4. Frog

Frog Generous Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

5. fungichallenged

fungichallenged Member

Hello and thanks for help. This forum is almost the same as the slippertalk forum I'm in, and I saw down to the left in the little 'posting rules' box that IMG code is off, so I figured I couldn't post links to images (so I just posted the thread link that has the pics already). In the other forum I upload pics to an orchid club web server and then post the links in the thread. I'll go look at the posting info you pointed out.
    thanks,
    charles