What is this plant ??

Discussion in 'Annuals, Biennials, Perennials, Ferns and Bulbs' started by Marn, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

I have a nice patch of peonies growing at the end of my house and when i was watering them yesterday .. i seen that these were different .. i have no idea what they are ... they are in the shade most of the day ..

We just bought this house in the winter so im getting surprises all over my big yard as to what is comeing up .. the lady who used to own had gardens all over the yard .. :)

any help would be great with this .. Thanks

Marion

Attached Files:

2. Charles Richard

Charles Richard Active Member 10 Years

Hi Marn,
    I am fairly new at this mystery plant thing but, we have a Paeony that has leaves similar and different than any of the other paeonies that we have. It is Paeony
    'mlokosewitschii', or also known as 'Molly the witch'. Ours is probably about 18" high right now.

3. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

Thanks for the help ... I didnt think it was a peony ... but im gonna google the name you gave me ...
    I just have a smaller clump of this one growing compared to the other ones .. but everything in the yard had been neglected for a few years ..
    I hope i get it all back into shape ..

Thanks again

Marion