Growing wild

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by What I See, Feb 20, 2013.

1. What I See

What I See New Member

Either wild flowers or flowering weeds, I'm not sure, but they take a great photo. I hope you'll be able to help with these.

The photo in B&W, the color of the petals and center are the correct colors, I didn't change the colors, I just wanted the flower itself to pop since it was so tiny. A single stem with lots of buds and a bloom at the top, it's very tall and they were all over the field behind my apartment.

The pink flowers get very tall, I've seen them at least 3 foot, but the blooms themselves are quite tiny too.

The deep pink flower, I actually can't remember where I took the photo at, but it was a short flower.

Thank you in advance for all the help!!

Attached Files:

2. Andrey Zharkikh

Andrey Zharkikh Well-Known Member 10 Years

1-Symphyotrichum sp.
    2-Thyme
    3-Common globe amaranth (Gomphrena globosa)

3. Tyrlych

Tyrlych Rising Contributor 10 Years

2 - Verbena perhaps?

4. Andrey Zharkikh

Andrey Zharkikh Well-Known Member 10 Years

5. What I See

What I See New Member

Verbena bonariensis to be exact Tyrlych...thank you!! And the first one is actually a Symphyotrichum patens (Aster patens).

Thank you both so much for the help! I can't say it enough...but I love this forum. It has really helped in naming all the flowers I photograph.

Here's a link to my flowers and plants I've photographed. I have found some on my own, but this forum has really help on others I just wasn't able to find. I still have quite a few to go that I need help on and will post them soon!!

I appreciate the help so much...Thank You!!

http://www.redbubble.com/people/dawnesromeo/collections/158851-flowers-and-plants

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2013
  6. What I See

What I See New Member

Andrey, yes...sorry, I didn't see your post until after I just posted mine!! Thank you!!