Escapade Rose, Cluster Rose (Floribundas)

Discussion in 'Rosa (roses)' started by Durgan, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Durgan

Durgan Contributor 10 Years

Escapade Rose, Cluster Rose (Floribundas)

http://www.durgan.org/URL/?OIJWY 6 September 2009 Escapade Rose, Cluster Rose (Floribundas)
    This Escapade Rose, Cluster Rose (Floribundas) blooms profusely all summer, with periodic deadheading. The vegetation is very prickly. The rose withstands adverse conditions. During heavy rainfalls the rose roots are in water for several hours. It always manages to survive and thrive. It survives severe Winter conditions well. This rose is a plus in any home garden.

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

When I grew that one it behaved as an orthodox Floribunda, with a small number of erect short stems producing larger flowers with a marked bluish tint. Yours appears to be behaving like a groundcover type. Photos elsewhere show ones looking more like yours as well as more like mine under the same name. Perhaps the wrong variety has been circulated under the name.

3. 1950Greg

1950Greg Active Member

Langley, B.C. Stones throw from old HBC farm.
  4. valleygardener

valleygardener Active Member

Harkness says that in his opinion 'Escapade' is the best rose he has ever hybridized. There is a bed of 20 plants in the Centennial Rose Garden in Coquitlam that were planted 20 years ago and are thriving nicely to this day - lots of work deadheading though! A wonderful rose if you don't mind few petals and like the colour.

Nice photos - I especially like the cute puppy!