Tree Not Growing-Please Help

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by PNW Native, Jul 25, 2010.

1. PNW Native

PNW Native Member

Hi. I have a tree that has bloomed every year for 4 years, but it's not growing now and I don't know what to do or even what it is? Can you please help identify it? It has thorns on the branches. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. lorax

lorax Rising Contributor 10 Years

Honey Locust?

3. PNW Native

PNW Native Member

I looked it up, and yes, I think that is it! Thank you! Now I just need to find out what is wrong with it. :(

4. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Looks like Robinia pseudoacacia 'Frisia' in this view. Does not look like Gleditsia triacanthos. If there is no new shoot growth at this time it is probably due to drying of the soil. As Robinia are brittle and prone to breakage if your specimen is not wilting or shedding older leaves excessively during summer drought it would probably be just as well not to water it, so that it does not produce lush, weak-wooded stem growth.

5. PNW Native

PNW Native Member

I'm adding a couple more pics. The sprout is at the base of the tree and also looks like it has seedings several places in my yard. Then there is the tree itself..with no bloom whatsoever. I have a feeling someone (neighbor) has killed the tree.

Attached Files: