Help IDing this Beautiful Plant, please

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by AnneEllis, Jul 26, 2010.

1. AnneEllis

AnneEllis Member

Hi there. I was hiking with my family Yesterday on Mount Seymour Mountain and we discovered this plant growing under the trees. I have never seen anything like it before and I can't locate it any of my plant books. I was hoping that some one could tell me with it is. I am not sure what our elevation was where we saw this plant, but if you know the mountain I can tell you we were at least 400 - 600 meters higher the the main parking lot and we were on the south facing slope. (don't know if that will help, but it can't hurt)

We were not on the ski runs, but as the pictures will show deep in the trees.

Any help Iding this plant would be wonderful. It is so beautiful.

Attached Files:

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

3. AnneEllis

AnneEllis Member

THANK YOU! so very much. I thought it looked a lot like an Orchid, but didn't know we had any around here. Thank you.

4. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

For local native plants use wildflower guides covering this region.

5. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

No problem -- you might be interested in Orchids of British Columbia, as well as Ron's suggestion.