Please help me ID this Echeveria

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by BBunker, Dec 5, 2006.

1. BBunker

BBunker Active Member

Honest, I went in the store for dog food, but past through the garden department and this little guy screamed out for me to buy him too. Rang up $0.10 at the register. That's almost as good as free. The tag said Echeveria, but I can't find anything on-line that looks like it. Anyone out there know what its full name might be?

Attached Files:

2. Rosemarie

Rosemarie Active Member

I'm waffling between E. 'Ramillette' & E. 'Dondo'. Both have orange flowers. I think 'Dondo' would look more plump. Ten cents is a steal!! :D

3. BBunker

BBunker Active Member

I saw a picture of E. 'Dondo' and I think that might be it. Thankyou again!!

4. BBunker

BBunker Active Member

5. Rosemarie

Rosemarie Active Member

E. parva is not an accepted Echeveria species name. I think they may have been referring to Echeveria pringlei var. parva, seen here:
    http://www.globetrotters.ch/botanik...122410&menu=2&bgt=gc&genus=ECHEVERIA&gnr=1610
    Altmans site is a good place to go if you bought one of their plants, but I've found they are not always correctly identified.

Here's a pic of several of my plants in a strawberry pot. On the left is E. 'Ramillete', center-down low is E. 'Dondo' & to the right is E. pulidonis. Lucky, they are all in flower in the pic, but not large enough to get a good look at the differences.
    [​IMG]
    Oh~here's one of Echeveria 'Dondo' in flower:
    [​IMG]
    ...and when 'Dondo' is not in flower:
    [​IMG]
    And here's one of Echeveria 'Ramillete':
    [​IMG]

I'm still leaning toward 'Ramillete' for your plant. :)

Oh! I just thought of something you can check! If your eyesight isn't very good-like mine-get a magnifying glass & check the edges of the leaves. If in sunlight, you may see without the aid of the magnifying glass. :D E. 'Dondo' has ciliate edges...that is, teeny tiny hairs (on the edge of the leaves), whereas 'Ramillete' does not.

6. BBunker

BBunker Active Member

Your plants are gorgeous! Absolutely beautiful!

I will have to look for my magnifying glass so that I can see if my succulent has "hair". I'll let you know if I figure it out.

7. earth2ash

earth2ash Member

I'm going to agree with RoseMarie. It looks more like a Ramillete to me. The Dondos are more heavily leaved.