asparagus fern rehab

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Harleygirl, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Harleygirl

Harleygirl Member

I just started work in a library, and there are two asparagus ferns there, on the floor about 20 - 30 feet from a floor to ceiling west window ( with shaded glass) that is on a covered walkway. The stems are yellow, but the ends are somewhat green. I think they are too wet, and maybe not enough light &/or humidity. (they water every Saturday! aaaghh!) I'm trying to figure out how to better take care of them...how do I rehab them? Increasing room humidity isn't too much of an option, but I could move them to an office. The office doesn't have any direct light, though. Thanks for any help you can give me. I am fairly sure they are actually asparagus ferns, although they seem to have more than one central stem. :)

2. stakey

stakey Member

Asparagus ferns really love humidity -- could you spray them, possibly?

3. GreenLeaf

GreenLeaf Active Member 10 Years

I believe light important. I keep my asparagus fern in only about 40-50% humidity at home, and even lower at winter. Yet it grows like crazy. I put it near a the corner of the wall where it gets light from a southern window and a western window. I put sheer curtains on the windows, so indirect light is good.